A Spark of Life

A Spark of Life
Inside Sequoia Girl

Welcome...

Welcome to A Spark Of Life Transformations. I've created this blog to share some of the spiritual insights and effective methods for purposeful transformation that I've gleaned over the years. Also included are some bits and pieces of my own experiences and musings. I want to know about your experiences as well. What worked for you -- and what didn't. Ask a question. Make a statement. Share your heart. I only ask that you be respectful in your posts. I can't wait to get started!



Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 5

Here I am sitting on Beetle Rock in Sequoia National Park. This is what it feels like when I declutter - like I can breathe freely.


In Day 5 of the 28-day Soul Coaching program we are challenged to look at decluttering our lives and specifically our homes. I went through the check list on Day 5 and found some good news, and some bad news: The good news is that I moved not that long ago and have already purged a lot of unwanted, old things or items that held sad memories. I realized it was hard to let go of some of the letters cards and journaling I had done because I had put so much of myself into them. I had really struggled to express the deep emotions I was feeling back then, but it was time to let them go. So, I built a bonfire outside, poured myself a nice, strong drink and, one by one, tossed them into the fire and watched their glowing ashes float up into the night heavens. It was actually quite freeing and not sad at all.

Now for the bad news; even though I have moved and took care to put things in my home that are meaningful to me, I still have some pockets of clutter and two big ones are my office and my garage. For some reason, they have been daunting to me. I especially need to clear my office as I need to use that space nearly every day and get frustrated at not being able to find things. The garage holds things that need something done to them before I can bring them into the house; sanding, a new coat of paint or varnish, cleaning up in some way. Some stuff I am just going to give away.

Today, I am going to start on the desk in my office and get that cleaned off and usable and will let you know what exciting things happen as a result. Onward!

Blessings, M
PS: It seems as though in preparation for this process I have been decluttering my relationships as well. Anyone else find that to be true? It is also freeing, but a little scary and it brings up loneliness. I have decided to be with this loneiless today and see what it has to tell me.

1 comment:

  1. Part Deux of my office decluttering:

    Instead of facing a dreaded chore, I decided to make this part of my program a sacred exercise. Before I began I performed a room clearing to clean out any residual energies in the things I had yet to unpack/declutter. First, I used the amazing bell given to all of the Soul Coaches by Denise Linn while I was in California at her Soul Coaching Seminar ( www.deniselinn.com ). I circled the room ringing the bell loudly in each corner, nook and cranny, allowing the wonderful tone of the bell to permeate all things in my office and adjacent storage room. I then lit a pine scented candle and some balsam fir incense I got while in Yosemite. I said a prayer and invoked wisom, clarity of mind and all the peace and joy I felt while in the Sequoias and Yosemite into my office. I then saged the room for good measure before I sat down to work.

    I found the process to go quickly and the 30-minute timer I had set went off before I knew it.

    ReplyDelete