A Spark of Life

A Spark of Life
Inside Sequoia Girl

Welcome...

Welcome to A Spark Of Life Transformations. I've created this blog to share some of the spiritual insights and effective methods for purposeful transformation that I've gleaned over the years. Also included are some bits and pieces of my own experiences and musings. I want to know about your experiences as well. What worked for you -- and what didn't. Ask a question. Make a statement. Share your heart. I only ask that you be respectful in your posts. I can't wait to get started!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good Morning All!



I am on Day 4 of Denise Linn's 28-day Soul Coaching Program. Earlier this month I completed the Certification for becoming a Soul Coach and had such an amazing transformative experience while at her Summerhill Ranch in Paso Robles, CA. (More about that later.) Today's lesson is on becoming The Observer in your life. What does that mean? Think of The Observer as an objective bystander that simply notices what is happening without judgement. I have done this process many times and it can be extremely enlightening. I actually started this process yesterday when I noticed that I had hired someone that had some of the same qualities as the last employee I had to let go: Lack of attention to detail. Unwillingness to follow instruction, etc. What I noticed about myself in all of this was that I had allowed my emotions to influence my decisions instead of relying on my knowing that there was something not quite right when I hired this person. Everything checked out in their references, etc. But there was one statement he made that caught my attention. But, my mind rationalized, I will give him an opportunity -- I will help him start over, (because I know what that is like) and he will be grateful and be a wonderful, hard-working employee!

I made a decision based on my emotions and then used my mind to rationalize my decision. The truth was, that this person could work hard and was knowledgeable, but lacked integrity and honesty. I had been judging myself rather harshly and my failure to read my own clues, but then I was able to simply release that judgement. And, I wasn't getting any clear insights with all the heavy guilt and resentment, anyway. I also noticed something else; I no longer felt anger and resentment toward him. I am now learning to trust my instincts and inner guidance. My next employee will be the BEST EVER!

What about you? What has your Observer taught you?

Have a deeply meaningful day,

Melody

For more information about Soul Coaching and Denise Linn go to : http://www.deniselinn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment